Saturday, July 23, 2005

2 weeks to go!

Ack! We are really into the home stretch now. Michael and I are in his office right now, selecting music to burn onto CDs for the reception--a long overdue task. Tonight, we are going to map out the major things we know we will need to do, and will need others' help with, before and during the big day. We also need to look at the ceremony text again, finalize who will be doing the readings, and block out the processional and so forth. I also keep on having to remind myself to bring henna, so we can do our hands!

Michael has pretty much finalized his outfit...he just needs to decide which of his 2 vests to wear. I finally managed to find shoes, so I won't need to go barefoot, but I haven't totally decided what to do with my hair. I will probably curl it, instead of fighting with its natural texture, and due to its length and weight at least some of it will have to be tied back or up, but that's all I'm certain on for now.

My mom has been busy preparing the house and yard. They have had French doors installed on their patio door (which they were going to do anyway), and the dining room has been rewallpapered. She has also spent a lot of time in the yard, weeding and planting flowers. She is very nervous but I'm sure the place will be lovely. She has also done a few test runs for our cakes, so she and Dad have had a lot of nice desserts lately!

I am starting to get quite nervous. I'm at the stage where everything seems a little unreal. I am naturally anxious about hosting a party, and wanting it to go well, but also anxious about the life transition--getting married, becoming a wife, and figuring out what it all means. Realistically I know that things will be fine if I just take life one day at a time, but it's still a little scary.

Michael, in contrast, doesn't seem to be nervous at all. Lucky him!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:54 AM

    Hi M/D, sounds like the pre-game "jitters" is beginning to sit in, Darc, hey that's a good sign..sounds like lots getting done these days.
    Brittany has accepted your offer to say some words at the wedding. She's pretty excited and freaking out over having to stand in front of everyone!
    Michael, I think we can use Brittany's ghetto blaster. It has a great sound but want to make sure the volume button is working properly.
    Gosh, you'll be here in a few days..it'll be great having you home.
    Love to both
    Dad

    ReplyDelete