Sunday, July 06, 2008

Library 2.0 and PDA in the UAE

I've spent much of this weekend with making my library more Web/Library 2.0 friendly.  I've been tweaking our public online catalog and creating my library's profile in Facebook.  It's kind of fun work but I really wanted to finish these projects before I go on vacation.  Speaking of which the countdown is now two weeks and counting!  The weather is getting more humid but it's still not as bad as two summers ago when we arrived.  We've been cat sitting for a friend for one month now and the short ten minute walk to their apartment is still doable.

Below is the weekly news wrap up of interesting stories from our neck of the woods.

Mild Weather Lengthens Gulf's Tourist Season

Abu Dhabi Plans a new TV Channel

Buses Bulge with Passengers

Keeping Abu Dhabi on the Move

Tradition and History


Capital Plans Network of Exercise Paths 
there are some interesting comments by women near the end of the article.

Inside Abu Dhabi's Shisha Cafes (video)

Public Kissing Can Lead to Deportation
the government needs to make their obscenity laws publicly available.

Public Decency in the UAE

No comments:

Post a Comment