Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ila Aliqa Abu Dhabi!

I had Thursday off to supposedly relax and organize myself but I spent doing much of the latter. I couldn't sleep much last night and I woke up early this morning. Our Internet connection has been terrible today. I've had trouble emailing and many webpages won't load properly. Typical of Etisalat. We pay 189 Dirhams a month ($47 USD) for 512 connection speed and it's crap most of the time. I went on my bike for 30 minutes today and treated myself to an hour long Chinese massage and accupuncture treatment. Only costs about $35 - heck of a deal! So we leave in about 3 hours - seems surreal though. So it will be about a 9 hour flight to London Heathrow and then about 12 hours to Vancouver. We will share an aisle seat to stretch our long legs.


Below is the weekly round-up of stories from our region. See you later!


Index to video news stories from the UAE's Gulf News newspaper

Mind Your Language, Behaviour and Dress in the UAE

Skilled Expats Hit by Inflation

Oil threatens Fujairah fishing industry

Under the Abbaya: Female Producers in Saudi Arabia

Liwa Festival is more than just about dates

Government to clean up toxic landfills near capital

Rubbish piles near Abu Dhabi

Million dollar holiday at Emirates Palace

1 comment: