Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Departure date!!

Well, it's official. We are departing Edmonton on Thursday June 1 at 1:50 pm. Even though we have stayed here longer than we anticipated we didn't seem to have enough time to visit with friends and relatives. We were forunate to have visited Jasper and some of my friends in Calgary over the weekend. I extended our rental car by two days as we have to do some last minute running around. Latest issue is limiting the number of items to take overseas with us. Northwest/KLM airlines has strict baggage policies and don't allow more than two bags to be checked through. Their cargo departments don't allow household items to be shipped as freight. So I called a couple of shippers and was given a couple of quotes. A 75 pound box would cost about $219.00 Canadian. So we'll need to repack our stuff yet again - I have more items than Darcy.

My Dad found a buyer for my Chevelle while Darcy and I were in Jasper. I sold it for a lot less than it was worth but at least we don't have to worry about it anymore. Ironically the buyer lives near my Dad and the man restores old cars. So my Dad was invited to check on the progress of the car's restoration. Maybe I could buy back the car once we return home! I'm happy that the car has a new home and will be given lots of TLC.

Last bit of news is that the Oilers beat the Anaheim Might Ducks in five games to win the Western Conference Championship. It's unbelievable that my team is now in the Stanley Cup Finals after a 16 year drought! Unfortunately I will not be able to watch the game in Abu Dhabi (unless there is a sports bar that has a satellite). But I can check scores online. It's dinner time so I must go. We'll try and post one more entry before we leave Edmonton....

No comments:

Post a Comment