Friday, October 26, 2007

Another relaxing weekend

This past week I revised my work hours to be more flexible with helping students later in the day. I think that it will work and working later two days a week allows me to sleep in a bit too. I noticed that my energy levels were much higher during the day. I'm still able to work out at the gym on Sundays and Wednesdays. I'll try and book my massage and acupuncture appointments on Thursdays. But my periformis and psoas muscles have been causing me much grief lately. It may be from working out twice a week so I'll try exercising once a week to see if there is an improvement.

My library's blog went live last week and over 100 people viewed it in the first two days. That's promising and I've since made two more postings. I have ideas about stories and library events to post but hopefully students, staff and faculty will remember to read the blog.

The weather has dried out in the past week so fall is definitely here. But it's still a bit too humid to shut off the a/c and open the windows in our apartment.

We booked three nights in mid December at the Golden Tulip Hotel in Khasab, Oman. It's in the very scenic Musandam Peninsula which forms the bottle neck of the Arabian (Persian) Gulf. They had no vacancy the following weekend for Eid Al Hada. The price is high but it should be worth it. We need to decide soon when and where to go for our spring vacation. Darcy's work needs confirmation from staff very soon.

Today we visited Abu Dhabi's fifth annual ADIHEX (Hunting and Equestrian Exhibition). I enjoyed the human exhibits of men and women doing handicrafts. It seemed a bit strange to view them as living exhibitions but you don't really see them in the city doing this. The camel racing season gets underway this weekend too so we'll want to see one before it ends next spring.

I'll end this post with yet another article about the booming construction market in the GCC region (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman). Over $1 TRILLION (USD)has been invested in real estate construction! The UAE has 390 projects valued at about $430 billion USD.

2 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful. Have you met any camels yet?

    BTW, you won this week's musical trivia question. Yay, you!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we've seen some camels up close. They're interesting animals! Take a look at my Facebook profile photo.

    ReplyDelete