Saturday, September 01, 2007

We're back!

Hello everyone! We're back to blogging after having a two month hiatus. Our six week summer vacation in Canada (Ottawa, Toronto, Edmonton, Vancouver, Vancouver Island and Jasper was wonderful. There were many highlights such as watching the fireworks in Ottawa on Canada Day, the changing of the guard on Parliament Hill and seeing my Mom and Stepdad's new place on Vancouver Island. We visited with family and friends on our trip and we managed to relax much of the time. Although it still a bit stressful at times with doing that much travelling and we unfortunately we were still not able to see all the people that we wanted.

But it was sure nice to have the long break. I carried over ten work days to use in the fall or winter. It will be difficult adjusting to the short North American vacations whenever to move back! We took many photos and video but it would take a long time to make an online movie. I did make a short video of the Champ Car race that my Dad and I attended. I'm using my Toshiba laptop at the moment so I'll have to use our Mac to upload the video.

We've both been very busy at work and I will have a full load of teaching classes (among other duites I have) this semester. My library now has four vacancies so hopefully we will get some good candidates soon. Darcy is now officially working full-time at the HCT.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:33 AM

    Hi Darc and Michael
    nice to read your update. It was a wonderful summer having you home. yes you did squeeze a lot of activity into your schedule and really got a lot accomplished in my estimation. For me, the Champ Car race was one of the highlights of your visit. thanks again for making the video, I really enjoy watching it and recall the good time we had. Another highlight was Darcy's delicious turkish dinner she prepared at her folks place. It makes me wonder what she will have up her sleeve next year after another year of multicultural immersion and watching cuisine shows on the tube! And I can't overlook the evening that Keith spent here. It was a real hoot for me in the background listening to you guys watching those crazy videos! Can't forget to mention the big help you were with the front yard project and all that sod removal. Doubt if you'll ever have another birthday visiting a dump!!
    Good luck with getting back into the work stream, it certainly sounds like you'll have your hands full. We miss you very much.
    Love, dad

    ReplyDelete