Sunday, August 06, 2006

Happy first year anniversary!

Today is our first anniversary! Can't believe that one year has elapsed so quickly. But I guess it's because Darcy and I didn't really enjoy a period of relative calm. Perhaps surviving two hurricanes within the first two months of our marriage was a sign of things to come. For me relaxing during Christmas was the only time where I had a relative piece of mind. Three months later we began two phases of our overseas move. We stayed with friends, family and a hotel after leaving Florida but it was strange for us to have no fixed address for over three months. There were many stressful times for us that tested our resolve to overcome difficulties. But we perservered during our honeymoon and we are finally beginning to settle down in our place.

Sadly today (Sunday) is a workday for me so Darcy and I can't spend the entire day together. We went out to an Arab restaurant last night which BTW was very good and cheap (50 Dirham or $15 USD). Darcy wants to cook dinner tonight which I'm sure will be good. Unfortunately I don't have a liquor permit yet so we won't be able to have wine with dinner. I plan to apply for a liquor permit in the next day or so. So we have one year under our belt with many more happy ones to come!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:25 PM

    Happy annversary guys,

    Uncle Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:25 AM

    Happy Anniversary Michael and Darcy!! Wow! Lot's of memories in the last year for your scrap book. Also, Happy belated birthday Michael. We think of you often.
    Take Care,
    Jamie and Tony

    ReplyDelete