Friday, November 19, 2004

Honeymoon update

My quest for a honeymoon spot continues. Darcy's mother sent an article from the Edmonton Journal about alternative honeymoons (eco type tours) . One stood out in that the Wilderness Outpost. It has short getaways for people wanting a short eco-adventure in the rugged outdoors. The luxury tents caught our eye but the prices are insane - over $9,000 for a week. Granted the company pampers it customers but we could spend that money instead on a long overseas trip to an exotic place. Banff Rocky Mountain Resort looks nice. Their standard suite room costs $221 (with AAA discount) and includes one queen bed and a pull-out sofa or two double beds, gas fireplace, seating area, bar-size fridge and coffee maker. Darcy's Mom also mentioned the Rimrock Resort Hotel in Banff - their rates are higher. My dad told me about a website to check out for accomodations around Jasper. At the moment Alpine Village Cabin Resort looks very nice and starts at around $175. It also has a pool! Well, that's all for now...

2 comments:

  1. I agree--the alpine village resort looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:06 AM

    Andrew says, "Take a nice 10-day cruise". Cruises at that time of the year are cheap. Dara and I took a 7-day Caribbean on Princess and I cannot tell you how pampered you are and the entertainment and food are awesome! I just got an email pushed into my account for a 10-day in June that goes from the Western (Yucatan) to the Eastern (St. Maartan) for $900 with oceanview. Great deal.

    ReplyDelete