Thursday, September 23, 2004

Dresses and rings

I haven't posted a blog in ages due to work piling up. Poor excuse, I know... Anyway Darcy and I looked at a very nice wedding band for me at Birks in downtown Ottawa. It had a white and yellow gold (two bands) fused together with a slight angular cut and had a sparkling finish. It was similar, at a distance, to the yellow gold and titanium rings I had seen in Florida. But the sales rep. stated that the store did not carry titanium because the metal was difficult to cut off a finger if the person was in an accident. I was impressed that the store had researched the metal's properties. I will likely ask Darcy to order if for me unless I see another ring jump out at me here. We can call a store in Edmonton and not pay sales tax on it and pay in Canadian dollars - heck of a deal! Darcy continues to read many wedding books that look very interesting - I've browsed a few of them. I need to get my butt in gear and contact some tent rental places in Edmonton. Also need to think more about what I want to wear on the Big Day. I want it to be simple and comfortable so no tuxedo! We're unsure about what to serve for refreshments afte the ceremony. But it will be kept simple and easy to clean up. Hopefully Darcy's rings will be ready for the weekend - we'll find out tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment